Thursday, October 22, 2009

.experiment.



So, I signed up for a Tumblr account yesterday just out of curiosity and to maybe try it out. Well, I've posted kind of a lot today. And it's been really easy to "get" the interface. It's not really any quicker than Blogger is, but I think I might use it as a place to store/share art & design inspiration, among other things. What I might do is keep this as my blog for personal work: photos (even the mundane ones) and textile/other art. I always want to share things that I find along my world wide web escapades, I just never get around to it. I think Tumblr is proving to be a good way to do that.

Please let me know what you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do i get to your tumblr? no linkies :(

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

haha! oh boy... i updated this post with the link. thanks for catching it, chels!

Matt Chung said...

I love the tumblr themes. I think bloger really needs to create some new ones. They have had the same ones for ever. I like the idea of keeping the tumblr as as sketch/inspiration book.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

There are so many good themes over there! And yes, blogger's totally suck. I'm glad you agree. That's just how Tumblr feels to me, a gathering of inspiration, rather than a place to post my own stuff...

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I tried Tumblr for about 2 days...I can't keep up. :)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I definitely feel like I should be posting something every minutes... At least it's pretty quick if you have the image/whatever open :)