Wednesday, October 28, 2009

.progress.






working on my senior thesis. these will be printed on silk organza with the inkjet printer. the white parts (untouched by ink) will be stitched over with white thread (i may add subtle color, haven't decided yet, would love your thoughts). i think i'll end up stitching multiple rows of simple running stitch within each path/shape. eventually i'll do a whole post on the meaning/theory/concept behind it and what has inspired me all of that, but i need to put it all into writing first.

5 comments:

simplesong said...

looks great!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thanks! I will actually be changing almost everything about these images... The sky photos will be used with what I originally intended to use them. The white overlays will be on completely different images... Not really too much of a setback, just a change, I guess.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Can't wait to see how they change and grow. The division on the third one is especially lovely to me.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thank you Lisa! I love that third one. My teacher thinks it's the weakest one... I just don't agree. I'm keeping it! They will definitely be changing and growing...

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That looks really, really cool.