Tuesday, October 27, 2009

.lace.




This is one of the first patterns I made this semester. I used a photograph I took over the summer, manipulated it in Photoshop, then repeated it. I like the lacy feeling a lot. The top is the digital version, to show the repeat better. The bottom is the final painted version. I used gouache. I think that I would like to do what my teacher thinks I should do and paint very thin lines inside the jars so that they aren't just big giant weird shapes. The lines would be the stems inside the jar. I knew it was a problem when I made the pattern but I wasn't sure how to fix it.

4 comments:

katy elliott said...

Beautiful great job!

Brittany Noel said...

Thank you so much Katy! I'm happy you stopped by :)

Matt Chung said...

oooh great! patterns always impress me. But my feedback was the same as what you wrote... the bottom looses vase/jar into a ambiguous shape. it looks great.

Brittany Noel said...

I'm so glad you like it, Matt! Yeah, I definitely need to paint in the jars... I'm glad you agree.