Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Begin Day II

On our second day in Maine, we ate at a pizza and sub shop called, yup, Peppers. The service and food were good, and the place was pretty cute. We were kind of in a pinch. Oh, it was also wonderfully cheap for the area. I would return. But, I think I would get a hot sub. Eric's smelled so good!

These rocks were already at the campsite. I don't know if someone collected them and left them there, or if they were just there. I collected them all and lined them around the bottom of this tree. Oh, and I put our collected sea treasures from Lamoine's waterfront with them. I loved my little area. I took that small, perfectly round flat rock home :)

These are the boats at Lamoine that I mentioned in the last post. Aren't they wonderful all lined up there? See the boats in the barbor, too?

Also on the second day, we drive into Acadia National Park for a little bit before the glider ride. We really wanted more time in the park than we got (we were only there for about an hour), but we had to get to the airport. I think next time I go to Maine, I'm scheduling a whole day for the park. The view from this spot was pretty much perfect. There are so many islands on the ocean! And the mist... I think I may swoon.

2 comments:

katy elliott said...

Looks like you had a great trip!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

We had such a wonderful time! I can't even begin to describe how I felt at times. You are so incredibly lucky to be able to take Maine weekend trips. I can't even imagine...