Sunday, September 20, 2009

orchard I














On Sunday, we went apple picking with Eric's family and his two cousins. Needless to say, it was a beautiful day. This was my first time going to an orchard... I know, lame, right? I love it though. I want to go back! Half climbing the trees to get to the best, untouched apples... waiting for the tractor and getting excited when you heard it coming... tasting the apples right off of the tree to figure out whether you liked that kind or not...

I found out I like Golden Delicious, Northern Spy and Cortland the best. Oh, Cortland. Your pear-like qualities amaze me.

If you haven't gone yet this year, I highly recommend it. With or without kids.

I have more photos from our trip that I will post later. It seemed like a bit much to post 27 photos all at once.


P.S. The idyllic scene of all of us chowing down cider and donuts didn't last too long. Soon, the bees found us and we were all freezing one second and swatting the next. Otherwise, it was still wonderful!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love apple orchards. Maybe we'll go this weekend. Were you at that one near Plymouth? (I've forgotten the name).

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

You should! We went to the one just south of Kensington Metropark. It's called Erwin Orchards. It was a lot of fun. They had u-pick apples and raspberries, a honeybee display... Tons of kids stuff, which wouldn't really apply to you. The one by Plymouth isn't very good, it's not a u-pick and I was disappointed last year. If you just want to stop and get cider and donuts, then it's fine, but if you want to make an event out of it, then definitely go to Erwin's :)