Thursday, September 2, 2010

.fiber, not fiber.










don't you just want to hug all of these wooly beasts? ok, maybe not the greasy sheep, but definitely the bunnies! two weekends ago (aug 22), i went to the michigan fiber fest. my mom came with, along with my sister and her bf. i didn't go last year, so i was extra excited to go this year! i didn't buy any fiber but i did pick up lots of business cards for future reference. i also got two issues of the magazine wild fibers. it's pretty much like a national geographic for fibers. i've only read a few of the articles, but i like them a lot.

honestly, i love the beasties as much as i love the yarn here. i couldn't resist a few wonderfully textural photos. i do apologize for the poor lighting.

also, whenever i told any of my non-fiber friends about the fiber fest, they thought it was a nutritional gathering. hence the title. sillies!

9 comments:

French Press Knits said...

What day were you there?? I stopped through on my way home from Stitches in Chicago.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

We went on Sunday. When did you go? Too bad we didn't see each other!

Carlene said...

Ha! Fiber Fest! Port-a-Potties as far as the eye can see!

Last weekend my husband kidnapped (kid! napped) me and took me to a petting zoo type farm, where I got to roll around with goats. It was awesome.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Carlene, we're here at the same time! What a world. There were port-a-potties. Not quite that far, and I was thankful I didn't need to use one! Eric and I used to go to a farm like that all the time. We loved it! Were they mohair goats? They're so silly.

Carlene said...

There were all kinds of goats, pygmy (sp?) they were so cute, those goats with the little tiny seashell ears, the kind with the long, floppy ears> I was in goat heaven. And they *loved* Tony, they surrounded him and rubbed their heads on his pants, LOl!

Anonymous said...

i want to see your national geograhpic of fiber magazines!!!!! are we still getting together today?

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Carlene, I love floppy-eared goats!! I think they're called Nubian goats? I bet Tony smelled like goat! Haha :)


Chels, I'll show you the magazines tomorrow! I think you'll really like them.

Jen said...

These are lovely photos, low light or no.

They look like projects waiting to be made.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Exactly, Jen! I kept thinking about all of the lovely things I would make from each fleece. Haha!