Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Have Five Jobs

Starting now, I have five jobs. One is only about an hour once a month - keeping my mom's website up-to-date. Check her out, she has a bead store, The Creative Fringe, in Grand Haven, MI. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend her, and not just because she's my mommy. She has done a very very good job putting together an awesome shopping experience!

Starbucks. Between 20 and 30 hours a week. Last week was 35. Insane. I really enjoy working there and love the people I work with. Plus, free coffee, tea, and drinks. Hooray!

School. I've started doing work study for the ladies in the Fiber Design department. I met with Susan last Wed. and we ordered a ton of stuff and I have a to-do list and a shopping list. I'll be working with her sporadically this summer and going in by myself. During school, I'll be running errands (mostly buying stuff) and then probably working a fixed time once a week.

Lucky Clover, Inc. I make jewelry for this company. I don't design it and it's not the type of jewelry I would/do design (this is), but it keeps my skill level high, I enjoy doing it and I love my boss. Plus, it pays. Yay!

And, my newest job (as of today): I will be teaching knitting classes at a new shop in downtown Plymouth, Michigan Custom Boutique. She just opened shop and I really like some of the home decor stuff she has. She has these beautiful pillow cases (I usually don't really pay attention to pillows, until recently) that are hand embroidered in India with the crewelwork style. They're stunning! Anyway, I'll be teaching knitting classes there. This weekend, I have to come up with my lesson plans and stuff. Oh man.

So, I'll be busy in the next few weeks until my summer class is done. Then, I'll be really busy when school starts up again for fall! Obviously, my hours at Sbux will go down and I'll have to take less jewelry, but man. I'm almost worried...

I will leave you with some pictures:

3 comments:

Jen said...

These all sound cool (except Starbucks, but what can you do?).

Jen said...

Your fiber work and jewelry are lovely! The fiber bowls, particularly, caught my eye.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thank you Jen! I really appreciate. In the fall, a shop in downtown Plymouth, Bohemian Home, might start carrying some of my jewelry!

Starbucks isn't that bad, really. I love coffee and actually like making the drinks. Actually, I really enjoy making the drinks! Some days, it's just too much for me though. Oh well...