Friday, July 25, 2008

Suburban Despair

Eric and I are staying at his parents' in Westland this weekend. They're out of town and need us to watch the doggie. They live in one of those neighborhoods with the houses that are all the same and even have the same floorplan (when I first learned about this, I was disturbed). His mom has done a beautiful job with their backyard, though. It is an oasis in the middle of a concrete desert. I love going outside to enjoy it, but the noises of the neighborhood and, in particular, of their rude, bad-parents neighbors, always make me go inside early. This morning, while waking up under the sun, I was forced to listen to them talking to some girl about her trashy boyfriend who cheated on her. Talk about that inside! I think I will bust out my iPod and declare war.














No comments: