Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Late

Ok. I know I said 8. It happened that we were at dinner at 8, so... sorry! But, I did just do the drawing and it was very exciting. Seriously. This is how it went:


I wrote down your names. This was done in all caps for maximum readability. I then cut these up and put them in a nice soft, furry felt bowl. I had Eric hold the bowl while I swished the names around (above my head, of course) and picked one!

Carrie Strine! I can't wait to send these little packets out to you!

For the rest of you, I'll put a few in this weekend, I think. I have a full weekend and a full next three weeks with the end of the semester. I'll try to get them in, though. It's now or never with the holidays, huh? Why my these holidays coincide with the end of the semester?

Two weeks til Noel Night. I try not to think about it. Which isn't the best strategy, I'm sure. I need to take some photos for Moo cards tomorrow and get new business cards maybe. I may change my shop name. I need something that includes everything. And I need to design all of my signs and make all of the stuff to sell and. and. and.

So many things to do for the end of the semester. Oh my goodness. I'll keep you guys and gals posted with my work and such. Like right now. Weaving! I'm weaving a lace pattern. My tension is totally screwed up from a mistake I made in the setting up of the loom. Oh well. I think it'll be ok once I wash it. Which means I have no idea and am just hoping.



To-do list for tomorrow:

- Go to work
- Go to back
- Go to school
- Clean studios a little
- Refill chemicals
- Organize dyes
- Strip screen and re-expose it
- Test print
- Print lining for garden totes
- Finish making mock-up of garden tote
- Decide which patterns I will make for silkscreen
- Make a pattern for my garden totes

I'm sure there's more, but I won't bore you more than I already have. Needless to say, I have a lot ahead of me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel like youve been gone a long time! i just havent seen you!

Julia said...

Congratulations to Carrie :) Lucky girl! By the way, I love your list. I'm in love with lists, actually! They always spark curious lists for me!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Chels - I have been gone a long time! I don't even see Eric right now. We're very sad.

Julia - This particular list is not a very happy one, but it's necessary and I'm glad you found inspiration from it!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Sooo excited! Thanks Brittany!!!!

Weaving looks LOVELY! Hope you're crossing off some of the things on your list :-)... that's the best part!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Yay Carrie! I just need your email now.

I really like the pattern of this weave, but I messed it up in the beginning and now it's just weird. Oh well. The pattern's fine. I'm glad you like it :)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Awww!! I'm so bummed! I've been so crazy busy that I missed it. (vows to be eagle-eyed from here on out)

Stay well through your own busy-ness pal.

t does wool said...

congrats to Carrie...I'm sorry I missed the drawing :(

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Lisa and Teresa, I was going to tell you guys about it on Thursday, but I fell asleep... I'm sorry! I'll be having more, don't worry :)