Sunday, December 14, 2008
With the linen I dyed it green, then used thiox to bleach out the pattern. I used the more delicate unit for the all-over background pattern, then with the bold unit, I did the non-repeat elements. I know I'm rambling. Don't worry, it'll be over soon!
To do the organza, I used green for the background repeat and a silk scouring technique (with our silk organza, it makes the parts that have been scoured very soft and "silky" and luminous) for the non-repeat. It doesn't show up so well in the photographs (they're pretty ucky, I know), but maybe I'll take better pictures later.
So there it is, my silkscreen final. Hooray! My teacher, Sue, wants me to continue this idea with the organza, but with lots of layers. She knows a mounting technique that would let me mount lots of layers together with a bit of space between each layer, so the light can get it. I'm pretty excited! I'm going to do some samples over break :) I'll keep you guys updated.
I'll post about my weaving final tomorrow! It's already on my Flickr if you want a sneak peek!
Edit: I'll definitely take better photos.
Posted by Brittany | the Home Ground at 7:58 PM