Thursday, July 30, 2009

adventures . pt 1

This past weekend, we took a couple of my friends to Grand Haven. Matt and Mickey had been there before, but Mickey's boyfriend Matt hadn't yet. Yes, two Matts.


My mom's little flock of chickens roost on the totem pole. Don't they look hilarious?!

Matt is the kitten conqueror.

We went to a local bakery, Elegance of the Seasons, who serve primarily seasonal baked goods and lunch food. We got the most amazing cookies ever. I should've bought some to bring home...



Everyone at Pronto Pup's, the local corn dog hut in GH. They are so darn good.

We spotted a wedding party on our walk to the pier!

I love it when the waves crash up like this. There were some more dramatic ones, but naturally I didn't get them. I don't know those two girls, they were just in the way of the waves.


Eric and Matt wearing sun-hands instead of sunglasses.

Eric and me! His eyes looks funny.

My tootsies and the water.

The beach! Doesn't it look like the ocean?

Waiting for the trolley...

And it came!


Tomorrow, I'll post our tour of my mom's friend's glass & ceramic studio. They built it next to their house. It's so amazing and inspirational. So is their house.

We also went to Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, so I'll post my photos from there too. They have amazing botanical gardens.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait to see more!!!

Carlene said...

Great photos! You are so cute! I can't believe your mom has chickens.

I always think the lake looks like the ocean.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Chelsea, you still need to come to GH! September is a really good time to :)

Carlene, I can't believe my mom has chickens either, and that they roost on a totem pole! It's the best thing ever :) Except that they just found out a couple weeks ago that one is a rooster... Lake Michigan is amazing.

Jen said...

I miss that part of Michigan - haven't gotten out there once this summer!

Matt Chung said...

hahaha kittens & sunhands.

i like the way that i am portrayed on your blog, very accurate. (really)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Jen - It was so great seeing you today!! You should get out to West MI, it's so close.

Matt - I try my best.
P.S. Don't go to NY. I will be very sad.

simplesong said...

looks like lots of fun! hope you have a great weekend!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

It was a ton of fun! You have a great weekend, too! Hope it's nice and sunny :)

yiqin; said...

Seems like so much fun :)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Oh, it definitely was!