Sunday, August 2, 2009

Adventures . pt 3

Frederik Meijer Gardens.
Grand Rapids, MI.

This is where we went after the awesome studio tour. What a great ending to such a fun weekend!


It was an ucky day. But it never rained.

This is the huge DaVinci horse. DaVinci has sketches and even blueprints to cast this solid bronze, one-piece horse. Unfortunately, the technology of the day wouldn't allow such a huge undertaking. So, a while ago, someone (sorry, I don't have this entirely memorized...) actually did it from his original sketches and such! It's huge, and so cool to walk around.

Eric looks like a little guy!

Matt and I fell in love with this succulent wreath. Haven't you yet?

One of the succulents was in bloom. So beautiful. Such a soft color/texture.

This is an aloe tree!!! Yup, aloe. The stuff we have in pots. It grows into a tree!

I liked this jade plant. The repetition of the form, and the red edges are so nice to look at.

A mini orange tree in the Victorian garden!
Matt grew a huge plant on his head. Really.

Golden bamboo, a species from Hawaii. I love it with that green ground cover.


If you come to/live in Michigan, you can't miss the Frederik Meijer Botanical Gardens. The outside sculpture park/nature trail was so enthralling, I forgot to even take my camera out! I wish I had though...



So sorry! I completely forgot to post this the other day... Working on getting some garden images together; it's looking really great!

6 comments:

simplesong said...

so fun. that wreath is amazing!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Isn't it great?! I would love to have one. I'll have to ask Mark & Kathy how they made theirs; they were starting one at their house!

yiqin; said...

The skies are beautiful!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

They were amazing! We just didn't want it to rain. And it didn't, so it was perfect. Nice and cool!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Shoot! My last post didn't post.

Anyway, I am totally in love with the wreath and I'm so glad I finally got a chance to sit down and read through your adventures. I've missed you!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I've missed you a ton too, Lisa. I'm really glad you're back over here, at least for today. I know you're busy, so I understand. I still miss you, though!

Thanks again for stopping by :)