Friday, August 20, 2010

.summer fashion.


i think i would like to do this every friday. i have quite a collection of vintage photos (i've been working on it for several years now), including many from my own family's history. i think i'll start off my new friday endeavor with one from the family archive.

this so very 50s-60s newspaper clipping is, i think, quite silly. i love the women all considering the checkered dress, which looks a bit tablecloth-y, don't you think? well, the lovely in the white hat right in the middle of everyone is my grand grandma bea (mrs. robert voshmik in the caption). she was such a cool woman, it is not surprising to me at all that she would've participated in a fashion show. she also wore women's suits as soon as they were available (at least, that's the impression i've gotten). we have a photo of her in one, it's quite fabulous, but you'll have to wait.

happy weekend!

7 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Grandma is a looker! What a fun photo. I especially like the look on the woman's face to the left of your grandma. She looks a little concerned or displeased.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Wasn't she? She was always gorgeous. I hadn't noticed the displeased woman! Haha, she looks very concerned. So funny!

Jesse said...

Great idea, I'd love to see more of these!

Jen said...

What a great project! Your Great Grandma was beautiful - what spark she had!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hi Jesse, thanks! I'm glad you like it, as I love love love vintage photos.

Jen, wasn't she gorgeous? I'll post a photo of my grandma (not great-) next week, she was a fox!

Ashley said...

Aww, Britt, I love this post! I finally move into my new apartment over this weekend, so hopefully we can find the time to be in the same room over the next week! xoxo
Ashley

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hey Ash! I'm glad you liked it :) I hope moving goes well and I can't wait to see your new place. Love you, sis!