Tuesday, November 23, 2010

.of petersite and brass.


petersite


handmade african brass


i'm super excited about these two pieces that will be made into necklaces for the Home Ground winter collection. aren't they both just beautiful??

the amazing stones in the top photo are petersite specimens. what makes them double cool is that petersite is a stone that is found in michigan. home state love! i just love the inclusions, they look like pine trees. so pretty!

my mom buys these african beads from a man who is from africa and travels back and forth buying beads in africa then selling them here in the states. my favorite style is this, the handmade filigree pendants. the variation keeps each piece unique, which i just love.


i asked my fans on facebook what colors and/or materials they would like to see in the winter collection and i would like to ask you here, too.

so, what colors and materials would you like to see in the winter collection?

answers so far : indigo blue, clear crystal and another pair of grey pearl earrings. to be fair, about three people all said they would like to see more navy/indigo blues. must be a good color this season!

2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Gorgeous stuff, Britt! Man, I feel like I've missed so much. I can't wait until life slows down a little around here. I love everything I've seen from you, even if I haven't had a chance to tell you so. I'll be back soon, promise.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hi Lisa!! I have missed "seeing" you around, but I know you've been really busy. And I know it's mostly good busy, too. If only we could get together over coffee :) I'm glad you got a chance to stop by.