Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This sounds good about now.

I found Whimsy & Spice (probably from a blog) before Christmas and wanted to taste everything they had on Etsy. But, unfortunately for me, they closed their shop just when I wanted to put their stuff on my Xmas list. Damn! Thwarted. Now they're back! Hooray! I think they will be the source of my Valentine's goodies this year. Usually, I ask Eric for a couple of fair trade/organic chocolate bars like Newman's Own or Green & Blacks. I think I'm ok with a bit of change if it means I'll get maple and cardamom marshmallows. That were handmade! Anyway, here's the part you really care about:






And before I forget, Jan aka Daisy Janie from Scoutie Girl posted about them today, which is what sparked my memory. Thanks Jan!

P.S. Eric has my card reader at school, so I can't show you right now. But... I'm working on embroidering my samples for Quilting (aka the Fancy Futuros). So far, I've used pretty cool colors (green and blue, must be my mood) and some silver. The silver is very exciting and fun and will be my bling outfit. I think I'll do something so that I can change them. I'm just doing these to go over the band. Hmmmm... Oh, and I'm doing on in the Futura font! Thanks Matt for the genius idea.

Pretty exciting. Am I strange for embroidering my wrist braces? Kind of ironic...

11 comments:

Carlene said...

Okay, this is weird. I only just discovered them the other day, when I was telling my sister yes, you CAN sell food on etsy; I never knew they were gone and then returned. The photos are just...well, they're just really rude, is what they are, LOL! I want all of it.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I might even say that they are mean!

There's a ton of great-looking food on Etsy!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh dear, this is ridiculously tempting!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Isn't it?!

Jen said...

These look lovely. I'm making my own these days, though!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Oh man, Jen, I would like to try them!!

Jan said...

Glad you posted the big pics of these lovelies!! I wish I could pluck them off my screen - esp b/c I just ate a Rolo that I think was about 10 years old! Thanks for the shout out to Scoutie Girl!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Oh no! Bad Rolo!! No problem Jan, thanks for having such a great blog for me to shout to!

Micaela said...

yummmmmmm

Anonymous said...

oooh...looks yummy. if you get them let us know if they're as good as they look! i haven't bought food on etsy ... but after seeing this that might quickly change!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Oh believe me, I'll let you guys know! I'm thinking Valentine's Day :)