Monday, January 19, 2009

Coiled . Trees

New wrist brace. Eric has been calling me "Futuro". Also, I'm totally embroidering the big straps as part of my sampler assignment for quilting. I hope she likes it!

Banana Fiber. Coiled basket. Or bowl. Actually, just a little sample. I think seeds would look nice in it.

Linen. Also a sample, except it'll be sizable. Not that big, but bigger.


Same exact spot on my window. Different focus. I love looking out this window. The light changes everything. And I love the screen.

11 comments:

carriestrine said...

Seeds would be PERFECT in that bowl... so beautiful!

Brittany Noel said...

I'm so happy you agree Carrie!

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

The coil is lovely. What happened to your wrist?

I'm sorry I haven't been around - dealing with family stuff.

Brittany Noel said...

Thanks Jen! I have tendinitis (evil music). Uck. Oh well... What to do? I know you're busy right now, don't worry about it. Good to see you around, though :)

Micaela said...

You will always love cameras!

xo

Julia said...

That's one wicked brace, deary :)

I love your little bowl/coil, it's fantastic. I would love to learn how to do that!

Brittany Noel said...

Mickey - you're totally right.

Julia - with a name like Futuro, it's gotta be wicked! They are pretty intense, splints and all! Coiling is sooooo easy to learn. Maybe I'll do a tutorial some day... Maybe there are already ones on youtube?

The Clothes Horse said...

That wrist brace is gonna look awesome with embroidery--please show us when you're through!

Brittany Noel said...

I definitely will Rebecca! I'm glad you share my enthusiasm for the project!

t does wool said...

I am lovin that bowl...yes I am!!and ouch...the arm...get well,girl!

Brittany Noel said...

Thank you Teresa!! It's so nice to get comments from you over here :)