Sunday, January 18, 2009

Up in Smoke

How do you burn chocolate? I mean, I know how to, just burn it right? But, ok, here's the whole story:

Last time I made these mexican chocolate cookies, I was told by the recipe to melt the chocolate in the microwave for about a minute. So I did. And it worked. Today, I put the same amount of chocolate in the same little glass bowl and it burned. Smoke everywhere. A little chunk looked like a lava rock. I had to fan the smoke alarm with a pillow so it wouldn't go off and then drown the smoldering remains with water. Then, I had to go to Kroger to get more chocolate, because everything else is already mixed up. Curses.

Update: Second chocolate melting worked. They're in the oven! I added more cinnamon and pepper to this batch, we'll see what happens.

Stay tuned tonight for a school update!

2 comments:

The Clothes Horse said...

I'm glad you got the chocolate to melt properly!
My friend totally did that while I was present once...it was kind of hilarious when she tried to eat the burned remains. @_@

Brittany Noel said...

Haha! Yeah, I didn't try to eat it. It was pretty charred. Well not charred, there was a chocolate rock. Ew!