Wednesday, October 20, 2010

.to the west.



tomorrow, I'm getting in my car and driving west until I almost fall into Lake Michigan. I love going home. it's not very often I get to see my family and, if I'm really lucky, a couple of friends who still live over that way. I also get to see my mom's chickens. they're so great. they come and greet me when I get out of the car, clucking and squawking, scratching at the ground. my dad just built them a new coop for the winter, too. the roof is clear plastic, so they'll get some sun. lucky ducks! er, hens.

this sweet little chicken is from modish vintage.

2 comments:

Swell Papel said...

Aw!!!! What a fun trip!! Have a great time!!!!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thanks Mariana! I really really love going home. Even though it'll only be for one night, it'll be so great. Plus, my mom is an excellent cook :)