Thursday, October 7, 2010

.voyage.





i've never actually been on a sailboat, but my mom used to go with her parents quite a bit, as i understand it. judging from the photographs i've seen, it looks like a lot of fun. also, the second photo (my mom) was taken in february; an escape from the cruel michigan winter!

the first photo is my mom and her mom, my grandma. remember her? to me, this photo embodies possibility.

i really love both of these photos. they're pinned on the wall behind my desk with a handful of other vintage photos. some are more family photos and the other are photographs i've collected. i like the mix of familiar faces and strangers. kind of makes the strangers feel like family, which makes it much easier to make up wonderful tales about their lives!

do you have a favorite family photo? are you in it, or is it someone else/other people?

2 comments:

Angela Flicker said...

What beautiful vintage photos. I love seeing old photos of my mom when she was young. She was so beautiful! I've never thought about it until now, but how precious to get copies of them and hang them. I think they're just sitting in a shoe box somewhere. We really should get them out and display them ;)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hi Angela! I feel like it's kind of easy to forget that your parents have gone through all the processes of life that you have. It's so cool to imagine my mom when she was this age, sailing every summer. You should definitely put some of your old photos out. I love having them up in my living room, above my desk.