Saturday, February 28, 2009

i am tired

I'm really sorry you haven't heard from me this week. Maybe you're not? Haha! Anyway, I've been really busy and also just so tired. This week has been intense, in some good ways and some bad. Physical therapy is good, but I think it takes a lot out of me. I'm doing a new project for basketry. I can't do basketry, it hurts too bad. I think I'll do a post just for that. I'm pretty excited! It's so cold in here. I opened this morning and got to make two french presses, it was fantastic!!

I've decided I'm going to sell fabric on Etsy (silkscreened and shibori). I think for now, during the semester, I'll stick to that and probably jewelry because I don't have the time to make finished products out of that fabric. What do you think? I would like to make another pattern or two. I have a banner type thing in my head. One long row. I don't know what that would be used for, so it's not really practical...

I can weave! There's an open loom and that's part of my Tuesday project. I can't wait to get on it. Yummy!!

I went to a yarn store yesterday, Have You Any Wool in Berkley, MI. I love it. They have such a nice setup, almost all the yarn is in big baskets on the walls! I got a skein of Euroflax (I've been lusting after it for a long time now) in a luscious yellowy green and two skeins of NaturLin, in a sprout green and a gorgeous blue. I'll have photos of those maybe tomorrow, if you'd like. I can't wait to knit them. The linen will be a scarf for myself. The NaturLin may be a scarflette, or maybe spring wrist warmers. We'll see. I have to knit very slowly, though.

I kind of have a sewing nook now! I cleaned all the stuff off the floor around it, there was quite a collection of stuff I didn't feel like dealing with. I got a couple more boxes from Ikea and have almost all of my fabric stored in them. They look great! Now I just need a new desk. This one is so teeny and too short for me. My legs jam up against the bottom of it. I would like to get a giant piece of cork and cover it with fabric so I can have a nice inspiration board/area.

I hope I'll have more time to spent with you this week, I've really missed it. I keep narrating blog posts in my head, thinking of all the stuff I want to tell you. Withdrawal, right? I have been taking the time to try to read most of my blogs. Sorry if I haven't gotten to you yet this week!

I'm sure you're sick of reading so I'll stop. I'm posting another post right away that is full of photos, because I feel like this one would just be so intense if I shoved in a ton of pictures, too!

No comments: