Wednesday, February 18, 2009

smocked smock smocking









I really like this technique! I would like to experiment more with removing sections of thread and messing it up a bit more. I think there's a lot of room for experimentation. I'll show you the results soon! Probably tomorrow, but obviously I'm not good at keeping short-term promises... I know I'll be dyeing the fabric tomorrow, among lots of others. Can't wait! Please do enjoy the video below. Sorry for the background noise of class, haha!





Oh and physical therapy went well today. We talked about when it hurts, why it hurts, how it hurts and the like. We did the paraffin thing! You were totally right, Jan! It was fun and felt really good. She didn't massage them though. Maybe that's later. I have another appt. on Monday, so the next few days are for testing the stretches and techniques we discussed.


I just want to say thank you to everyone who comments (and those of you who just read), and tell you that it means a lot to me that people are interested in my work. Sorry that sometimes I don't post as much as I would really like to. You guys mean a lot and thank you! I will be having a giveaway in the near future to really say it in true blog fashion! I'm thinking a scarf probably :)

xo
Brittany


P.S. I just watched that video again and I'm sorry it sucks so bad! I'll make a better one, I just want you guys to see how cool it is!

6 comments:

Matt Chung said...

i love the 6th shot down.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

me too!!! and i love you!

Jan said...

Really, really cool tool!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Funny about the wax dip!!! I've always wanted to try it myself for my crazy-dry hands. Have a good one!

muccomat = my word verification.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Isn't it great! The wax dip felt great, but because it's paraffin, which is petroleum-based, I'm pretty sure it just leaves a layer of itself on your skin, so really it's not better than lotion. funny word!! I'll be dyeing the smocked stuff today :)

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Gorgeous images.

Awww, I hope you're pain free pronto.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thank you Lisa. They're not too bad today. I'm just taking it day by day :)