Tuesday, March 10, 2009

relax





so, you might remember that i had a little phase at the very beginning of this semester when i thought i would have time to design and make little sachets of blends that i made using teas as my bases. well, it didn't work out.

but, i made a really simple little one for chelsea the other day and it was fun, fast, and smells amazing. i like the raw edges and the way i can make the linen all wavy. also, i love my echinacea print in a small scale like this. overall, i'm pretty darn happy with it.

think i should make lots? or probably not? whenever i search for sachets on etsy they're all filled with lavender. is lavender really the only thing people ever want to smell?? i only kind of like lavender and there have to people out there who feel the same way, right? check out this post for a description of the scent and what i was thinking at the time. maybe in the summer i'll do some in the rows style, but for now this is the simplicity that i need.

7 comments:

kimberly ann said...

i, personally, don't even really like lavender very much.

Lobster and swan said...

these look wonderful and the promise of delicate scented contents sound divine too.

have a great day!

Brittany Noel said...

Kim - I'm glad you agree!!

Jess - Thank you much!

please sir said...

Looks so good - and glad you found some time to get this gem out there.

Brittany Noel said...

Thanks Diana!! I'm happy I got it out too :) I want to make more, it was so fun and simple!

Lisa at Lil Fish Studios said...

I have a plant in the house, I think it's a geranium of some sort, that smells like lemons. I thought it would make a terrific sachet-stuffer. I like the idea of the scent being something besides lavender. I'm usually drawn to scents like anise, cloves, earthy scents like tea as well as citrusy ones.

Brittany Noel said...

Oh oh! I know what plant that is! My mom gets a couple every year to put outside because mosquitoes HATE them! You should put it outside your door in the summer :)

I like those scents, too. I'm planning on making a chai, and a citrusy refreshing one of some sort. I'm thinking grapefruit, rosemary and... something else that is delicious!