Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Bee





These are the result of my collage project for silkscreening. More to come! It's a cross-section of the farming landscape in the spring. I love how the textures and colors came together. It's a very tactile piece.



My loom and I added brown to my weaving. I like it, I think.




Playing around with different ways to wear this scarf. I think I like these ways the best. And the drape and fold in the second photo are purely for your pleasure :)


I know I haven't been speaking much the past few days, but hopefully my photos will hold your attention until I become a real talking person again.

6 comments:

Sabrina Moyle said...

Love the textures of the silk screened piece (and the seed packet, too!) Beautiful!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thanks Sabrina!

Jen said...

These are really lovely, Brittany and I adore the scarf.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Thanks Jen! I really appreciate it :)

heather smith jones said...

did you make all of these? wow. i'm impressed. i really like seeing the fibers so closely in your first images. great work, keep it up! :)

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hi Heather! I'm so happy to see you over here :)

I did make all of these. I'm a textiles student at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, so my work is really varied right now depending on the class.

Thanks so much for such a nice comment!