Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Bee





These are the result of my collage project for silkscreening. More to come! It's a cross-section of the farming landscape in the spring. I love how the textures and colors came together. It's a very tactile piece.



My loom and I added brown to my weaving. I like it, I think.




Playing around with different ways to wear this scarf. I think I like these ways the best. And the drape and fold in the second photo are purely for your pleasure :)


I know I haven't been speaking much the past few days, but hopefully my photos will hold your attention until I become a real talking person again.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love the textures of the silk screened piece (and the seed packet, too!) Beautiful!

Brittany Noel said...

Thanks Sabrina!

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

These are really lovely, Brittany and I adore the scarf.

Brittany Noel said...

Thanks Jen! I really appreciate it :)

heather smith jones said...

did you make all of these? wow. i'm impressed. i really like seeing the fibers so closely in your first images. great work, keep it up! :)

Brittany Noel said...

Hi Heather! I'm so happy to see you over here :)

I did make all of these. I'm a textiles student at College for Creative Studies in Detroit, so my work is really varied right now depending on the class.

Thanks so much for such a nice comment!