Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Chai and Pumpkin Chocolate

I collected these in the park this morning after I got my bread and coffee

I'm having a good morning.

How could you not when you are enjoying something as lovely and pumpkin, chai and chocolate all together? Next time you find yourself at a Starbucks, do yourself a favor. Order and pumpkin chai. Half of each. The normal amount of pumps. Do it. It's so good. Somehow, instead of smothering the pumpkin with its spicey goodness, the chai brings out the pumpkin! I just love it.

I went the local bakery today, Boule Artisan Bakery (unfortunately they don't have a website) and was happily surprised when the woman working asked me if I wanted the pumpkin bread instead of the banana that I was going to get. I said HECK YES. And bought it. I got the pumpkin chocolate. It's heaven on earth. Fall heaven. I. love. this. bread. If you're ever in town for any reason (can't imagine that being too likely for most of you), you must get me to take you here.

I took a few pictures of my heaven bread, but I tried to take them on Eric's mom's camera, which has been dropped a few times. Unfortunately, this camera sucks and they are all out of focus and poopy. Too bad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the sweetest little boy collecting leaves this morning. :-)

Hazelnut latte is usually my thing, but your little concoction sounds yummy too.

Anonymous said...

MUST NOT BUY PUMPKIN SPICE CHAI MUST NOT BUY IT. :( want want want want want. i want a big giant one too, how sick is that. :(


i miss living in plymouth because i want to go leaf collecting and all of that, and we were there this morning - i had a coffee date with an old coworker who is suuuper pregnant, we met at the bean. ill make some pumpkin bread soon, and ill put chocolate in it. it will be amazing, now that i have my recipe (james's mom had a copy of it thank god). pumpkin muffins too. pumpkin...apple muffins? hmm. thinking of what to do with these apples.

i miss you. im thinking about you today! i feel emotionally drained and im trying to think about life as a cup, and sometimes you have to refill the cup and sometimes its empty. i guess in the spiritual sense, not the literal or physical. heh.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Carrie } I love seeing kids playing with nature! My thing was collecting rocks. And our hazelnut is really good. I wonder about hazelnut-pumpkin?

Chelsea } This one was so good, I could've had a giant one! Mmmmmm pumpkin bread. I was just telling Eric how much I missed you living here. It was so easy to just stop over. You have to refill the cup with pumpkin. That's the solution. Pumpkin is everything good and lovely. Refill it with pumpkin spice chai... I mean... yes.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

My mouth is watering. I'm addicted to all things pumpkin and I haven't found any here in Greece yet...

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

You. Are. Killing. Me. Pumpkin and chai are two of my favoritestests things ever. I think there is a Starbucks about 30 miles away...

I dig the leaf picture, too. Beautiful time of year, isn't it? Our trees have just about worn themselves out already. The landscape is mostly brown and orange.

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Clothes Horse } I've been following your blog for. ever. and am loving your Greek adventures! I'm looking at going to Scotland myself. Have you tried Starbucks? Though, since it's not really autumn and pumpkins are mostly an American thing... You wanna swap for some greek stuff?


Lisa } 30 miles! Oh man. You need to make up an excuse to go to that town! Haha. It's crazy how much shorter your season is there, and you're not that far away! It looked like you got a lot of fall and leaf walks in, though!