Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Heart Receiving Mail!

I love mail. It's so.... magic. Not ucky mail. Like the junk mail I get and recycle and would just rather not get. But exciting mail. Magazines, letters, packages, forgotten orders. Last week I got the long awaited (and forgotten about) Selvedge Objects catalog that I had ordered. Beautiful. Love it! And it's small and square. How much better does it get?

And today I got my order from Rag & Bone Bindery! I won a $100 gift certificate from them in a blog contest and used it to buy four Small Notebooks and something else secret. I got the notebooks in Black, Pear and Apricot. The other one is secret too. I love them! They're the perfect size. The pages are beautiful, they're beautifully made and the silk book cloth is gorgeous! I'm sad now that I just started a sketchbook and will have to wait to use these ones...



It's a beautiful day here, sunny and warmish.

Anyone up for a trade? I love mail.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

Thanks for that link - the notebooks are really gorgeous (and thanks for your comment on my blog).

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

You're welcome for both! I follow your blog, I'm just sometimes guilty of being a lurker...

kimberly ann said...

i love mail, too!!

i need to get more envelopes and stamps so i can keep sending my friends letters.

i need more of their addresses, though. the only ones i have are for the friends that are too lazy to send anything back. argh!

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

You should remedy that lack of addresses. And make friends online, then it's even more exciting!!